9 Day Tour
Price on Request
Discover the main highlights of tropical Kerala including Cochin, the Backwaters and Kovalam, with time to relax at the end of your holiday.
Highlights of your holiday
- Explore Cochin a city influenced by medieval Portugal, Holland & England
- Take an evening boat ride on Lake Periyar
- Cruise the backwaters of Kerala on a luxury houseboat
- Relax on the beach at Kovalam
DAY 1 - ARRIVAL COCHIN
Meeting and assistance on arrival and transfer to hotel.
DAY 2 - COCHIN
Morning sightseeing of Cochin, a city till today influenced by medieval Portugal, Holland and England. You visit St. Francis Church, built in 1503 by Portuguese Franciscan friars where Vasco da Gama was buried for 14 years before his remains were transferred to Lisvon. His tombstone still stands. Nearby is the Mattancherry Palace or “Dutch Palace”. The central hall on the Ist floor was the coronation hall of the rajas of Cochin. Other rooms depict scenes from the Ramayana and Puranic legends connected with Hindu gods. Amazing are the Chinese fishing nets. These cantilevered fishing nets line the entrance to the harbour mouth. They were introduced by traders from the courts of Kublai Khan. You also see the Jew City with the Jewish Synagogue, constructed in 1568, with hand-painted, willow-pattern floor tiles brought from Canton in the mid-18th century by a Rabbi, who had trading interest in that city. Overnight in Cochin.
DAY 3 - COCHIN-PERIYAR
After breakfast drive to Periyar National Park. Periyar has one of the world's most fascinating Natural wildlife Sanctuary noted for its Tiger Reserve, geography, diverse wildlife and scenic beauty.
Evening Boat ride on the Lake Periyar where one can have a unique experience of viewing wildlife at close quarters from the safety of a boat on the lake. The greatest attraction of Periyar, however are the herds of wild elephants that come down to play in the lake
Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 4 - PERIYAR-KUMARAKOM
After the breakfast leave for Kumarakom by car. On arrival check-in at hotel.
The village of Kumarakom is a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake, and this small water world is part of the Kuttanad region. The bird sanctuary here, which is spread across 14 acres is a favorite haunt of migratory birds and an ornithologist's paradise. Egrets, darters, herons, teal, waterfowl, cuckoo, wild duck and migratory birds like the Siberian stork that live There in flocks are a fascination for visitors. The best way to watch the birds of the Kumarakom sanctuary is a boat trip round the islands. In the evening enjoy the sunset boat cruise on the Vembanad lake provided by the hotel. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 5 - KUMARAKOM
Day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 6 - KUMARAKOM – ALLEPPEY
Morning check-out from the hotel and board a houseboat. Cruise towards Alleppey, the backwaters cruise takes off through a network of canals with a back drop of villages and coconut trees on the shores. Overnight on board the houseboat.
DAY 7 - ALLEPPEY – KOVALAM
Morning depart for Kovalam by car and on arrival check-in at the Hotel. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 8 - KOVALAM
Day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 9 - KOVALAM – TRIVANDRUM
Leave Trivandrum in time transfer to airport to board flight for onward destination.
PRICES ON APPLICATION
Our specialists are looking forward to hearing from you so that we can custom design a tour to your individual specifications.
- Standard Hotel: Abad Plaza
- Superior Hotel: Dream
- Deluxe Hotel: Holiday Inn
- Standard Hotel: Tree Top
- Superior Hotel: Greenwood Resort
- Deluxe Hotel: Greenwood Resort (Villa)
- Standard Hotel: Lakesong Resort
- Superior Hotel: Lakesong Resort
- Deluxe Hotel: Zuri Resort
- Standard Hotel: Houseboat Evergreen
- Superior Hotel: Houseboat Muthoot
- Deluxe Hotel: Houseboat Muthoot
- Standard Hotel: Abad Harmonia Ayurvedic
- Superior Hotel: Udaya Samudra
- Deluxe Hotel: Turtle on the Beach
Holiday Prices Include:
- Accommodation at hotels listed above or similar including daily breakfast inclusive of prevailing government taxes
- Meeting and assistance on arrival and departure
- Transfers from airport to hotels & vice versa, together with the transfer of 1 suitcase per person
- Sightseeing tours with local English speaking guides
- Overnight on a houseboat with all meals
- Check-in & Check-out time is 12 noon
Holiday Prices Do Not Include:
- International flights into & out of India
- India domestic flight Jaipur to Goa & Mumbai
- Indian visa
- Personal expenses, such as phone calls, laundry, mini-bar, room service, etc.
- Gratuities to guides, drivers & porters
- Personal insurance
Value for money
We believe that value for money is important, we want you to travel with ICAN Holidays again. When comparing prices, ensure you are comparing like for like as often there may be a cheaper option, but there may be hidden extras or the quality may not be as good.
Kerala - Backwaters, Beaches & Wildlife - 9 Days
Explore South India’s Kerala region. (Code: GIJ)