7 Day Tour
Price on Request
7 days exploring the highlights of North India’s cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur.
Highlights of your holiday
- Walk the narrow lanes of Old Delhi
- Sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal
- Take guided tour of the 'Pink City' of Jaipur
DAY 1 - ARRIVAL DELHI
Meeting and assistance on arrival and transfer to hotel.
DAY 2 - IN DELHI
Morning half day combined sightseeing tour of Old and New Delhi. Visit Qutab Minar, India Gate (War Memorial) Lakshmi Narayan Temple-Modern Hindu Temple, drive past President’s House, Parliament House and Secretariat buildings. Also visit Raj Ghat– the cremations sites of Mahatma Gandhi and drive past Jama Masjid, Red Fort and Chandni Chowk. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 3 - DELHI – AGRA
Morning depart for Agra by surface and on arrival check-in at Hotel. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 4 - AGRA
Morning sightseeing tour of the Taj Mahal & Fort. Visit the world famous Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan in 1560 in memory of his queen Mumtaz Mahal to enshrine her mortal remains. This architectural marvel is a perfectly proportioned masterpiece fashioned from white marble that stands testimony to the skill of 20,000 craftsmen brought together from Persia, Turkey, France and Italy and who took 17 years to complete this 'Love Poem in Marble'. (Friday closed). Later visit the Agra fort containing the halls of private & public audiences & other palaces. Shah Jahan spent here years of confinement at the hands of his son Aurangzeb, looking wistfully at the Taj Mahal from the Fort. Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 5 - AGRA - JAIPUR
Depart Agra for Jaipur by car. Enroute visit Fatehpur Sikri, built by Emperor Akbar in 1569 and abandoned after 15 years due to scarcity of water. The Fatehpur Sikri complex houses tomb of Salim Chisti, Panch Mahal and other palaces, which surprisingly have withstood the ravages of time and are still in good condition. On arrival check-in at Hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 6 - JAIPUR
Morning excursion to Amber Fort. Standing tall over a small hillock overlooking the Pink city, Amber is a classic, romantic Rajasthani Fort-Palace. Miniatures painted on the walls depict hunting and war scenes, apart from festivals. Precious stones and mirrors are embedded into the plaster. A major attraction at Amber is the Elephant Ride, all the way up to the Fort entrance.
Afternoon half day sightseeing tour. The tour begins with a visit to the Maharaja's City Palace,- the former Royal residence,- part of it converted into a museum. One of the major attractions in the museum is the portion known as Armoury Museum, housing an impressive array of weaponry -pistols, blunderbusses, flintlocks, swords, rifles and daggers. Also see the miniature items and old carpets at the Textile Museum. Later visit the Jantar Mantar, which is the largest stone-and-marble-crafted Observatory in the world. Situated near the gate of the city palace, the Observatory has 17 large instruments, many of them still in working condition.
Overnight at Hotel.
DAY 7 - JAIPUR – DELHI
Leave Delhi in time to transfer to the airport to board flight for onward destination.
PRICES ON APPLICATION
Our specialists are looking forward to hearing from you so that we can custom design a tour to your individual specifications.
- Standard Hotel: Anila
- Superior Hotel: Holiday Inn Mayur Vihar
- Deluxe Hotel: The Surya
- Standard Hotel: Atulya Taj
- Superior Hotel: Four Points by Sheraton
- Deluxe Hotel: Ramada Plaza Agra
- Standard Hotel: Hometel Nirwana
- Superior Hotel: Four Points by Sharaton
- Deluxe Hotel: Holiday Inn City Centre
Holiday Prices Include:
- Accommodation at hotels listed above or similar including daily breakfast
- inclusive of prevailing government taxes
- Meeting and assistance on arrival and departure
- Transfers from airport to hotels & vice versa, together with the transfer of 1 suitcase per person
- Sightseeing tours with local English speaking guides
- Elephant ride or Jeep ride at Amber Fort in Jaipur
- National Monuments Entrance Fee
- Check-in & Check-out time is 12 noon
Holiday Prices Do Not Include:
- International flights into & out of India
- Indian visa
- Personal expenses, such as phone calls, laundry, mini-bar, room service, etc.
- Gratuities to guides, drivers & porters
- Personal insurance
Value for money
We believe that value for money is important, we want you to travel with ICAN Holidays again. When comparing prices, ensure you are comparing like for like as often there may be a cheaper option, but there may be hidden extras or the quality may not be as good.
Golden Triangle - 7 Days
Explore the highlights of North India’s cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. (Code: GIJ)