7 Day Tour
Price from R6,960 pp
Enjoy the sights, traditions and culture of Mumbai before spending three four nights of relaxation in Goa, lulled by the waters of the Arabian Sea.
Mumbai (formerly Bombay) is India’s most cosmopolitan city and its commercial capital, with a progressive and vibrant atmosphere. It does, however, also retain some signs of its illustrious past with a wonderful collection of British-built architecture, such as the Victoria Terminus railway station and the Prince of Wales Museum.
Lapped by the waters of the Arabian Sea and with shady palms swaying in the breeze, Goa's relaxed pace of life has always made it an ideal introduction to India. Home to some of the country's best-known and finest white sandy beaches, Goa is an ideal spot to finish your holiday.
Highlights of your holiday
- Explore the historical areas of Mumbai
- See the Dabbawala's tiffin service in action in Mumbai
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of Goa
DAY 1 - ARRIVAL MUMBAI
Meeting and assistance on arrival and transfer to hotel.
DAY 2 - MUMBAI
Morning breakfast at the hotel. After breakfast have half day visit to Gateway of India, Mumbai's principle landmark. This arch of yellow basalt was erected on the waterfront in 1924 to commemorate King George V's visit to Mumbai in 1911. Drive pass the Secretariat of Maharashtra Government and along the Marine Drive which is fondly known as the 'Queen's Necklace'. Visit Mani Bhavan, where Mahatma Gandhi stayed during his visits to Mumbai. Drive past the Victoria Terminus, the principal railways station of Mumbai, a beautiful building that symbolise the ethos of the Edwardian architecture, well worth a photo stop. At the Church gate station see the Dabbawala’s- a unique tiffin delivery service run by over 5000 semiskilled workers of delivering lunch to corporate executives from their homes. Visit the 'Dhobi Ghat', an open laundry where Mumbai's 'dirties' are scrubbed, bashed, dyed and hung out to dry - a nice photography stop well worth a visit. Visit the ISKON Temple devoted to Lord Krishna in time for the noon aarti and then continue to the colourful Crawford market and Flora fountain a large bustling square, in the heart of the city. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 3 - MUMBAI
Day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 4 - MUMBAI - GOA (BY FLIGHT)
In time transfer to airport to board flight for Goa. Meeting and assistance on arrival and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 5 - GOA
Morning half day sightseeing starts from the slopes of Altinho Hill for a breathtaking view of Panjim and river Mandovi. Arrive to Donapaula for a view of India's largest natural harbour Marmgoa. Proceed to Old Goa visiting Basillica of Bom Jesus where in is enshrined the body of St. Francis Xavier in a silver ornate casket. Then to St. Cathedra, the biggest church in the East. St. Cajetan built like St. Peters (Rome), Church of Lady Rosary and St. Monica. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 6 - GOA
Day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
DAY 7 - GOA - MUMBAI (BY FLIGHT) LEAVE MUMBAI
In time transfer to airport to board flight for onward destination.
PRICES FROM R6,960 PP UPWARDS (EXCLUDING INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS)
Prices will depend on travel date, hotel choice, room category and number of people travelling. Please note that all our itineraries are flexible and can be altered to suit your requirements.
- from R6,960 pp 6 nights holiday - Standard Hotels
- from R7,775 pp 6 nights holiday - Superior Hotels
- from R9,410 pp 6 nights holiday - Deluxe Hotels
NB: Holidays are valid from 1 April to 30 September 2016.
All rates are based on current (12.4.2016) rates of exchange.
- Standard Hotel: Comfor Inn Heritage
- Superior Hotel: Fariyas Hotel
- Deluxe Hotel: Grand Hyatt
- Standard Hotel: Ronil Keys Resort Baga
- Superior Hotel: Chances Resort & Casino
- Deluxe Hotel: Zuri Varca White Sands Resort
Holiday Prices Include:
- Accommodation at hotels listed above or similar including daily breakfast inclusive of prevailing government taxes
- Meeting and assistance on arrival and departure
- Transfers from airport to hotels & vice versa, together with the transfer of 1 suitcase per person
- Sightseeing tours with local English speaking guides
- Entrance fee at monuments
- Check-in & Check-out time is 12 noon
Holiday Prices Do Not Include:
- International flights into & out of India
- India domestic flights
- Indian visa
- Personal expenses, such as phone calls, laundry, mini-bar, room service, etc.
- Gratuities to guides, drivers & porters
- Personal insurance
Value for money
We believe that value for money is important, we want you to travel with ICAN Holidays again. When comparing prices, ensure you are comparing like for like as often there may be a cheaper option, but there may be hidden extras or the quality may not be as good.
Mumbai & Goa - 7 Days
Explore Mumbai and relax on the beach in Goa. (Code: GIJ)