Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Arctic/Antarctica Cruises - Need to know
Boots Rental For Your Antarctica Cruise With Ponant
BOOTS RENTAL - ANTARCTICA ESSENTIAL EXPEDITION GEAR
IT IS IMPORTANT TO WEAR THE RIGHT GEAR TO ENJOY YOUR ANTARCTIC EXPEDITION.
Boots are an essential gear to your landings to the White Continent. Compagnie du Ponant has selected Ship to Shore Traveler, Antarctica’s expedition gear expert to propose a Rental service of boots adapted to polar destinations.
Our Partner, Ship to Shore Traveler, has been outfitting Antarctic Travelers since 1984. As former Antarctic expedition staff and experienced outdoor enthusiasts, they are the Antarctica Outfitting Experts. You don’t need a lot of gear, just the right gear.
Connect to www.ShipToShoreTraveler.com/ponant
Why Rent Boots?
- Convenience: Free boot delivery to your ship.
- Less luggage: Boots are heavy and our rental service minimizes your luggage weight.
- Sustainable choice: Renting boots is a smart environmental choice if you are unlikely to wear them again.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
70 US$ for boot rental + 70 US$ of secured deposit = 140 US$ per boot rental.
A credit of 70 US$ will be process via your credit card within the 2 weeks following the end of your cruise. Boot rental orders are available up to 30 days prior to your embarkation date. (15 days only for November 20th, 2011cruise on L’AUSTRAL and November 24th, 2011 cruise on LE BOREAL).
About Ship to Shore Traveler:
- The world's most experienced Antarctic expedition cruise outfitter
- 25 years of experience outfitting adventure travelers
- Renowned for Antarctic gear and technical layering expertise
- Have clocked over 220 expeditions to Antarctica
- Avid outdoor enthusiasts
Ship to Shore Traveler, our outfitting partner, is an IAATO Associate Member and donates 1% of their sales to the protection and restoration of the natural environment.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR YOUR ANTARCTICA CRUISE WITH PONANT
You are visiting Antarctica on your Compagnie du Ponant cruise, so it is important to have the correct clothing for zodiac landings during your cruise.
We recommend the following :
- Underwear : long underpants and long sleeve undershirts made of silk or synthetic material. Silk or light cotton socks and woolen socks arriving just below the knee.
- Flexible trousers : warm, cotton tracksuit. Thin long sleeve tee-shirts.
- Waterproof over trousers and warm windbreak jacket.
- The tracksuit plus the waterproof trousers can be replaced by warm waterproof and flexible ski trousers. Waterproof and flexibile trousers are essential.
- Pullover, sweat-shirt or fleece jacket.
- Muffler and cap covering your ears.
- Waterproof gloves (silk gloves + waterproof gloves).
- Waterproof parka offered on board.
- Wellington boots with non-slip soles (rising up to the knee, which will allow you to land in 20cm of cold water, keeping your feet dry!).
- Walking stick.
View all trip ideas for ocean cruises
Our tailor-made holidays are designed to offer complete freedom of choice. The itineraries featured are designed to give you a flavour of your chosen destination and can be tailored to suit your preferences.
If you have a particular journey in mind that is not listed here please contact us online